Our History



John F. Long Elementary opened in 1958 and was the third school built in the Cartwright School District.  It was named after Maryvale's founder and developer, John F. Long. He was a towering figure, city council member and Philanthropist whose innovative construction, building and development projects gave birth to what is now known as Maryvale - a burgeoning suburb that came to life in the 1950's. John F. Long is proud to serve the students in the Maryvale area.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.